Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a few other items that i need value help on. Just a…

Customer Question
I have a few other...
I have a few other items that i need value help on. Just a little background on a few of the items. My father n law gave us the two rugs as a gift. The Rice Paper prints were purchased when they lived in Asia like the Garden Stool that you valued for me earlier. The Singapore Pallet Painting was also purchased in Asia. I will attached a view photos and other items to start the process. I also attached some valuation that the insurance company got based off the pictures of the rugs. My father n law said that the 10 x 12, which is the blue/red based rug was a turkmen rug.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
IMG_2448.JPGIMG_2448.JPGIMG_2459.JPGIMG_2459.JPGIMG_3229.jpgIMG_3229.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0307.jpg
AyoubQuote.pdf
AyoubQu...pdf
2/16/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hi There~

Thank you for the request here, however I only assess one item or matched set per question.

At your convenience, please choose one and send photos.

~Nora

can you do the two rugs?

I can assess one rug here, unless they are a matching set.

~Nora

start with blue red rug.

Can you please post the images of the one rug here. With multiple images with links that need to be opened, this convolutes the question and can cause confusion.

~Nora

I would not be able to make an assessment of rugs based on a room photo.

I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts again if you like.

~Nora

that is the only photo i have. would anyone be able to assess it?

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

You are meaning the Turkish Rug, in the room with the fire place?

Glenda

The blue and red rug that you can see the corner of. I unfortunately don't have any pictures of it alone. It was stolen which is why I am trying to validate the value.

Thank you I can work with that. You know the name.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Turkmen Wool Rug, Red, Blue and White Geometric Design, origin: Afghanistan has a retail market value of $3***-**-****.00, in good condition.

.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.

So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda