LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

How can I submit a picture to show and ask if any body knows

Customer Question

How can I submit a picture to show and ask if any body knows anything about the man in the picture or its history. I have no Idea who it is. I bought the picture at an estate auction in the Arkansas Delta
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me time to do research and see I can find who he is. Also please let me know what the measurements of this are. The frame is period and I will post back here tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Height of the frame outside to outside 30" Width from outside to outside 26"
Height of frame inside to inside 191/2" Width inside to inside 151/2"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Iit has been several days and I have not heard back from you, is there any new information. on my picture,

Hi I am sorry for the delay. I have been going through books to match the gentleman in the painting. I have had no luck so far. The painting is late 1700- early 1800s by his clothes and the way it us framed. The value on this paintung is $1200-1500.00 and insurance value is $1800.00 The man himself is what I have been unable to derermine. It is an exquisite painting. If I am able to name the gentleman I will post back here. Thank you for your patience

If I run across his name I will post back here in the future.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, for your answer The town where I bought the picture is Tyronza, Arkansas

Thank you for that I have researched through the town and surrounding areas and still found nothing. If and when I find more on the man I will post back here to update the information. Thank you

***

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions