Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a tea set that (I believe) belonged to my great

Customer Question
grandmother (I am almost 70...
I have a tea set that (I believe) belonged to my great grandmother (I am almost 70 myself). It is definitely Asian, has tiny little cups with handles and paintings of women in kimonas and water/trees two thatched roof structures. The edges are brown/gold. There is a name on the bottom of the teapot but...I can't read the language. :) I think it is also faded. Can you appraise this? I would like to send a picture of the signature but only see one opportunity to add a photo
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/15/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images of the mark at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

It is Feb 27. I have received no information or appraisal from you. I sent photos immediately but no response.