Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How much is an original bevan oil picture worth?

Customer Question
How much is an original...
How much is an original Robert bevan oil picture worth?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/15/2016
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. Without seeing the work. I am assuming you have a painting by: Robert Polhill BEVAN (1865-1925)

Birth : 08/05/1865 - Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Death : 07/08/1925 - London, United Kingdom
Sex : M
Nationality/Affiliation : United Kingdom

Education

Académie Julian – 31 rue du Dragon – Paris, France

Work and Life

1894:Met GAUGUIN Paul, Pont-Aven, France

Affiliated to an association

1922 : New English Art Club – Federation of British Artists – Mall Galleries – 17 Carlton House Terrace – London, United Kingdom

Subject

animals
landscape

Movements and styles

British post impressionism

An original oil on canvas by Robert Bevan can sell at auction for $6,500.00 to $46,500.00.

The value depends on the quality of the work, the subject, condition and size.