Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a surveying instrument that was my husbands

Customer Question
grandfathers and my husband is...
we have a surveying instrument that was my husbands grandfathers and my husband is 86
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/15/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Please add one of any writing on the instrument.

i am sorry i am 83 and do not know how to put a picture on, it is on a 3 pole wooden stand and has a string down the middle with a weight on it
i will have to get someone to come and put a picture is that is what it takes
i cannot find any writing
are you still there

Okay, we will work without it. This is an antique survey transit with plumb bob (the weight that hangs down) and the legs are called a tripod. This piece has a value of $200 to $300. Mind you, that is without me being able to see the piece, so that is why I give a range.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.