Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a gold cigarette case purchased with S T Dupont gold

Customer Question

I have a gold cigarette case purchased with S T Dupont gold vintage lighter about 10 years ago. It is all gold and exactly the same pattern as the lighter, it has made in france stamped on the inside buckle that holds the cigarettes in place. I cant find another one anywhere and was wondering if it is rare and what it would be worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. I see the photo of the closed case here and that helps. I would like to see a picture of any marks you might find - look absolutely everywhere. The French marked things in more than one place. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add more pictures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have looked all over the case but cant see anything else except on the clasp inside - I have attached the photo of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also attached a photo of the inside. I have the matching lighter in its original case with its original booklet.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The photo is blurry, but I can work with it. The logo on the left is the maker and should be the Dupont logo (I am unable to see it to verify). This is the matching cigarette case to the lighter made in the Paris Line by ST Dupont. These were made from 1940 to the early 1950's. The lighter has a value of $150 to $180. This case, which is gold tone and not solid gold if made by Dupont, has a value of $300.00. These were made to be an affordable option to the solid gold cases made by Boucheron, Cartier, and Tiffany during the same time period.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Don't forget to ask for RAREWARES in the beginning of a new question to get me again.

Let's close this one by having you click the stars to give me a positive rating. I would really appreciate it!