Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am settling my parents estate and part of the estate is a…

Customer Question
I am settling my parents...
I am settling my parents estate and part of the estate is a large collection of whisky decanters along with several Wild Turkey Bottle series. In total I probably have over 100 bottles most with seals never tampered with.
Are these bottles more valuable as a set or should we sell per each?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Are you wanting to just now this, or are you wanting more information also?

Glenda

Are the bottle worth more as a group or individually?

Hello

.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!

They are worth more selling them separate Some of these can be quite collectible and expensive. There are price guides you can look at on this. They should be at your local library book or a Barnes and Noble. You can also check the internet for each one to see what it has recently sold for. Just google the what it is, who made it and any info on the bottom, if it sold recently or is for sale you can find a price to sell it for.
.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda