Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

A picture with "Lentini" in the righthand corner in a style…

Customer Question
A picture for sale...

A picture for sale with "Lentini" in the righthand corner in a style similar to several other I have found in Google Images.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Not much I can upload a snap shot of the picture.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The custom framer is out of business and their telephone number did not have an area code. I suspect the frame that contains the picture know goes back to at least the 1960s.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/14/2016
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Auctioneer

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising art work for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

There is no reply box. No paper clip. The picture is similar to this one, but obviously this is useless unless there is a way to send an actual picture. Ooops...found it "+ Add files". Picture attached. Thanks.https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1033&bih=966&q=lentini+oil+painting&oq=lentini+oil+painting&gs_l=img.3...3408.12932.0.13129.20.20.0.0.0.0.59.813.20.20.0....0...1.1.64.img..0.9.388.X_DNy9salY4#imgrc=ozaaW7yNXlvauM%3A
Ok, did that work?

Good photo. Your painting is by a very prolific artist in the 1960s "Lentini". There are 100s of paintings. Most of their works are painted in Amsterdam and Paris. These are selling for $100-200 at auction.

Thank you,

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,