Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Glenda, you helped me out a while ago (like 2 years ago)

Customer Question
Hi Glenda, you helped...
Hi Glenda, you helped me out a while ago (like 2 years ago) with appraising a variety of different items. I have a set 1970 Ezra Brooks whiskey Decanters I need help appraising now. I need appraisal on each car. The value and description of the #44 car is especially difficult.
Let me know if you can help!
Hope you are doing well :)
-Justin ********
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By the way, a majority of my Ezra Brooks decanters are depicting famous Indy 500 drivers and their winning vehicles. They value range from $10 to $50+
The #32 special edition Golden Mormon Wasp (1st Indy 500 car winner) is an example of a higher valued one ($50.00 or more).
Over half of the cars are easy to look up on ebay and other collecting sites. A history on the car is fairly easy to find as well.
The condition on these Indy cars are fair.
I am looking for a bit more detail in general on each car, the driver for the car, and their individual values.
Too make this more cost effective I would be interested in aiding you and helping you with your research.
I have more pictures to send but attaching them here has been difficult. It says "The file is too large". Is their another email I can attach them to instead?
Let me know what you think. I truely appreciate your help!
-Justin ********
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Attached are some more pictures
0212161640a~2.jpg0212161...jpg0212161641a~2.jpg0212161...jpg0212161641~2.jpg0212161...jpg0212161640d~2.jpg0212161...jpg0212161640c~2.jpg0212161...jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Justin

Let me be sure I understand what you want. You want to know who drove each car and what the value is correct? Say for instance the Olosonite Eagle car you want the drivers name and how much that car is valued at? How many cars do you have?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 18 cars as showed with the 1st picture. Just looking for a 1 sentence description of each...any information about it you may be able to find...other than " Ezra Brooks Lionstone Indy 500 decanter #_____, driver:________" Something to identify the car other than its racing #...why they varations in value? Which ones are more valuable and how much?Again I can help provide more information if needed. Some the cars have the drivers name already on it, etc.I also had a hard time finding information about #44. I do not know if this is accurate or it's value: "Watson Roadster Simoniz special driver Jim Rathmann Indy 500 winner in 1962". A unique collector desperately wanted #44 And I don't know why.Any info you can provide on each set would help. Let me help more too! :)-Justin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is a start of my own personal research which could help aid you. Much information can be found on EBay/ Wikipedia:#9: Driver: Mario Andretti, one of the most successful in the sport. He is one of only two drivers to win races in Formula One, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship, and NASCAR#2:  Al Unser "Johnny Lightning" The second of three men to have won the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race four times, the fourth of five to have won the race in consecutive years, and won the National Championship in 1970, 1983, and 1985. He is the only person to have both a sibling (Bobby) and child (Al Jr.) as fellow Indy 500 winners.#3 1982 Indy 500 decanter of Bobby Unser Penske / Cosworth PC9B  1. He is one of ten drivers to win the Indianapolis 500 three or more times, and one of only two (followed by Rick Mears) to have won the 500 in three different decades
Team: Penske Raceing Penske / Cosworth PC9B#32: Famous First GOLD PLATED  Issued in 1971 of the 1911 Indy 500 Winning Marmon Wasp. This was the very 1st Indy 500 winner with the driver, Ray Harroun (who died in 1968).

Justin

I can help you with the cars but, we are limited to what we can do online here cost effective for the appraiser. We are only compensated per question we answer. So we normally only do one item per question. I do not mind normally doing two maybe three per question, where most appraiser stick to one.

I could supply a value for you, and possibly the driver of the car but,as for why some are higher then others in value is simply the price at which they sold for previously. For instance someone may have had a car that a particular collector just had to have so he was willing to bid very high in order to get the car. Once that selling price was recorded somewhere or picked up by a data base, that became the selling value of the car. That is how price guides are written. That is why you see cars valued high when it is possible on a market today it might not sell at all.

I would be willing to do 5 cars per question, with the price the car sold for on today's market ( can access paid for data bases ), I can look up the driver of the car, provide information on them, if there is any.

If this is ok let me know.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am limited with how many appraisal transactions I can do. Perhaps you can just do a total value of the set with any other rare supplementary information you can provide that I would find difficult to find myself. I think I can only afford one transaction appraisal with your company

Justin

If you can give me a written list of the cars, I can look up the current market values in our data bases. This will give you and idea of what each car is actually selling for today.

.

I would not know what you could not find yourself. So how would I know what to provide to you?

Are you on subscription with the site?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You got it. I may need a week+ or so to compile my information. I will do more homework then get back to you.Thank you for your help,Justin

Justin

Ok, let me know I will be here.

Glenda

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur