Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a dresser and ghboy dresser of solid mahogany from…

Customer Question
We have a dresser and...
We have a dresser and highboy dresser of solid mahogany from Hungerford. In Memphis. There are two labels in the top left hand corner of each top left drawer. The paper label is red and gold with black type. It is from the Mahogany Association Inc., with Genuine Mahogany #332 written. The other maybe a stamp of some kind with the type in gold, stating Solid Mahogany, Hungerford, Memphis. The dresser measures 34 1/2" X 54" x 19 1/8" with rectangle mirror 30" X 40" framed in mahogany also. Eight drawers. Two top are 4X24" and the other six are 6 1/2X24". Under the drawers there is a curving line with a 7" half circle carving (like a flower) in the middle. The legs are rounded kind of like the bottom of a wood golf club. The highboy measures 34" x 47 I/4" x19 1/8". It has 5 drawers that are 29" x 7 1/2" and a top drawer that is 29" x 4".
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/12/2016
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. As it is said a picture is worth a thousand words, so

I need to see images of the dresser and highboy . One of the whole front plus one of the labels.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.