Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was cleaning out an attic and found a painting of two

Customer Question
frigate type ships, at sea...
I was cleaning out an attic and found a painting of two frigate type ships, at sea, signed in the lower right corner - Forte.
Does this painting have a value?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/12/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Your painting dates to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century and it is by an unlisted artist. On today's market, expect a possible high of $40 - $60 for this at sale.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora