Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Does anyone know anything about this item? I think it's…

Customer Question
Does anyone know anything about...
Does anyone know anything about this item? I think it's an old censer. Looks to be made of copper. Also wanting to know what it may be worth.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/12/2016
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

Are there any marks or stamps anywhere on the piece? Even initials or a small image mark?

I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I can't see anything but it needs a good cleaning. I thought it be better to leave it in the state I found it though. It measures 6" diameter if that helps

I'm unable to identify this item.

I'm going to opt out, which will open up your question to other appraisers. You don't need to do anything or pay any additional fees.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Thank you for your time
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello...could you note the dimensions and if the top will come off, and provide an image of the back? The central portion appears to be turned brass--could you also check the entire surfaces with a magnet to see which parts are iron and which are not?

With kind regards,

Steve

I am not with the item now. But did provide a rear pic earlier. It is 6" diameter and yea the top comes off
Is anyone able to help with this piece. I asked this question over 2 days ago