Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Titanic memorabilia can we have the value please

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1455145459506212996100.jpg1455145...jpg1455145499176967962938.jpg1455145...jpg1455145519743-1901571497.jpg1455145...jpg1455145560398724796569.jpg1455145...jpg
2/11/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

How many pieces total are here?

~Nora

Just the 4. They look pretty cool, I think the telegram is a copy, but......

Yes the telegram appears to be a copy because of the way the center crease-line appears in the photo and the Titanic photo with text is from a publicataion after the sinking. Are the White Star pieces booklets?

~Nora

They are pamplets. These items were bought in a Germany auction 1980's

Is there a publishing date on the advertising pamphlets? How many pages are in each?

~Nora

I will have to find out for you. They are not with me at this time

Okay, let me know when you have a chance to check them out. No rush. ~Nora

More info finally. 14 pages in the one publication.
20160216_191406.jpg2016021...jpg20160216_191435.jpg2016021...jpg20160216_191520.jpg2016021...jpg20160216_191636.jpg2016021...jpg20160216_191827.jpg2016021...jpg

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

No problem

These pieces likely came from this vintage "Titanic Collection" boxed set that was sold through the The Titanic Historical Society. Can you check for any printing years or references to "The Titanic Historical Society" on the pieces.

Here is a link for you of that set:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/titanic-titanic-collection-mementos-502368390

~Nora

Hi Nora, You have to pay for the site that you sent the link to. Can you research further and get a value for me.