Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am also selling this blanket roll table. It is walnut, has…

Customer Question
I am also selling this...
I am also selling this blanket roll table. It is walnut, has a small crack 2" crack at the top. It does not affect it opening or closing. Other than that it is in beautiful shape. What would I get if I sold it at auction or just listed it myself. I bought this in 1997 at auction from Neil's in New Orleans for my bed and breakfast.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/4/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

I am still searching for comparables on this one for you; thank you for the request.

~Nora

It is rather unique. My home was in Southern Living 3 times and at one time they were interested in making a reproduction of this piece.

I agree that it is a rather unique and fine piece of furniture. You have lovely items and certainly the taste worthy of being featured in Southern Living, a favorite publication of mine! The extent of value will really depend on whether this is an American or English piece, do you have an idea of such?

~Nora

I will look this over for you.

~Nora

Have you determined a value or found more information yet?

I have not found a match or comparable to the roll table for you yet.

~Nora

I have not found a comparable to this blanket roll table for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Maybe I can help you, are you wanting the current market value for the Antique Flame Mahogany Butlers Desk?

Glenda