Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a silver-plated tea and coffee set of 6 pieces marked…

Customer Question
I have a silver-plated tea...
I have a silver-plated tea and coffee set of 6 pieces marked Cheltenham Co. Sheffield England with the number 02000 on the coffee pot. Can you tell me how old it is? Is it anything special?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Your Cheltenham & Company tea set was made by EH Parkin and Company of Sheffield, England. The Cheltenham was one of their trademarks used for silver plated items used in the American market and distributed by The National Silver Company of New York from 1940 to 1970. The pattern number is ***** just for the pot, the other piece likely have consecutive 2000 range numbers as part of this pattern set. The set was made in the 1940's and is considered common as it is not "victorian' and not sterling silver. Your price range of $150 to $250 is about right for this set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.