Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just posted a question about about a chafing dish but lost…

Customer Question
I just posted a question...
I just posted a question about about a chafing dish but lost contact when I tried to take a picture of it. How can I get in contact with that expert ant give them the picture?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

There is no listed expert connected with your question, but you are welcome to add pictures here and I can help you. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add photos of the dish and of any marks on the bottom or sides.

Ok, I'll start over. I went online and I looked up Meridian which was on the back of the chafing dish.meridan 1847 silver soldered nickel. And a number 10. So I read all the info about the company that started in 1847. I wondered if this chafing dish is an antique or a reproduction. It was given to my stepson's first wife by her grandmother, and is very old do I'm thinking that she had it for many years. I took a picture of it and it is in my I-phone and I can give you permission to access
My phone
Not meridian but Meriden only before merger.
All the info was inside a rectangle with a bird inside itch the exception of the number 10 IN

I see that you have read my answer. Please do click stars to rate my answer.