Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Trying to find out artist name small oil painting. Name on…

Customer Question
Trying to find out artist...
Trying to find out artist name for a small oil painting. Name on bottom is "Stolpe" and nothing else. Framed in Chicago many years ago. Has number written on frame "MNO2 708"
"JP 04294". Can you help identify artist and painting?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

What is the size of this and can you please send a clear, in-focus, close-up image of the signature and a view of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your 9" x 12" original painting can be attributed to Alice Moren Stolpe (1918 - 2004) who lived in Minnesota and Wisconsin. The notations on the backside are order numbers from the framer; they cannot be traced, nor do they impact value. On today's market, expect to garner a high of $100 - $200 for this. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $300.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora