Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I also have a water pitcher as described in the website,

Customer Question
Hello, I also have...

Hello, I also have a water pitcher as described in the website, with an HS, a crown and marked silver on copper. Is the price range about the same as in 1998? Thank you kindly. ***** *****

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The pitcher is 10" tall and has a 6" opening including the spout. The silverplate is in excellent condition. There is a silver rope detail around the 7" up from the base. There is a matching coffee and tea serving set.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Alan no longer works on this website. I hope you do not object to my taking your question.

Please send me photos of your set. I also need photos of the marks on the bottoms.

Is there a tray that goes with the set?

If so, please me the dimensions and a photo of the marks on it.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris

I would like to help you.

One of my specialties in my former antiques shop was silver.

If you would like to send photos via email, see these instructions :

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris