Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Zane grey novels in Hard cover?

Customer Question
Zane grey novels in Hard cover?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I need m more information.

The range for one book/set by Zane Grey varies from $3.00-!8,000.

If it is a set of Zane Grey with the same publisher and date, please let me know that.

If not, then I will need the publisher and date of publication for each book.

Whether a set or not, I need the titles s well as corresponding publisher and date.

Kind regards,

Doris

I will get this info and get back to you.

Thank you.

There is no hurry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Okay I started a list. I the printing company title but I could not find a publishing date. I found a copyright date or dates.
Do you need this information? Waiting for response. Mike

Titles, publisher, dates, condition - these elements give me the best answers for you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Here we go with the list.Permission from Harper & Row
Thunder Mountain 1932 & 1935
Code of the West 1923 &1934
Boulder Dam 1963
The Border Legion 1916
Wanderer of the Wasteland 1920 1921 1923
West of the Pecos 1931 1037
The Mysterious Rider 1919 1921
The Drift Fence 1929 1933
The Arizona Clan 1958
Captives of the Desert 1925 1926
The Call of the Canyon ###-##-####1924
Lost Pueblo 1927
Horse Haven Hill 1959
Knights of the Range 1936
The Fugitive Trail 1957
the Hash Knife Outfit 1929 1933
The Man of the Forest 1920
Blue Feather 1934 1954 1961
Betty Zane 1933
Rouge River Feud 1929 1930
Nevada 1926 1927 1928
3000 on the Hoof 1940
Valley of the Wild Horses 1927
The Dude Ranger 1930 1931
The Ranger and Other Stories 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930
Desert Gold 1913
the Vanishing American 1922 1923 1925
Black Mesa 1955
Stairs of Sand 1928
Wyoming 1932
the Rainbow Trial 1915
Western Union 1939
Tappans Burro and Other Stories 1932
Arizona Ames 1929 1932
Forlorn River 1926 1927
Under the Tonto Rim 1925 1926
The Lost Wagon Train 1932 1936
Sunset Pass 1928 1931
Stranger from the Tonto 1956
Twin Sombreros 1940
Wild Horse Mesa 1924 1928
Fighting Caravans 1928 1929
Robbers Roost 1930 1932
The Desert of Wheat 1918 1919
The Maverich Queen 1950
Wilderness Trek 1944
Majesty's Rancho 1937 1938
To the Last Man 1921
The Light of the Western Stars 1914
The Trail Driver 1931 1932 1936
The Shepard of Guadaloupe 1928 1930
Shadow on the Trail 1946
the Thundering Herd 1924 1925
The Heritage of the Desert 1924 1925
Raiders of the Spanish Peaks 1931 1938Permission from Harper BrothersRiders of the Purple Sage 1912
The Lone Star Ranger 1914 1915
The U. P. Trail 1917 1918
Wildfire 1916 1917Outing Publishing Company 1908
A. C. Mcclurg & Company 1911
Zane Grey 1936
The Last of the PlainsmenPermission from the World Publishing Company Frank Gruber & Zane GreyZane Grey-A Biography by Frank Gruber First Edition 1969Curtiss PublishingThe Deer Stalker 1925
Permission from Grosset & Dunlap A. L. Burt CompanyThe Last Trail 1909A. L.. Burt CompanyThe Spirit of the Border 1956I look forward to your answer. Mike

Mke,

You have gone to a lot of trouble. It is going to take a while for me to add up all these values but I should have an answer for you within a couple of hours.

Kind regards,

Doris

One question -

When you mention two publication dates, does that mean you have two copies?

Kind regards,

Doris

When the words "By permission of .......(Harper. Grossett, etc.)...." does it give the actual publisher?

Best,

Doris

No I don't have two copies of the book. I went by what the inside cover says. I am not sure about the permission part but I could send you a copy of that page if you need it. I could fax it to you or mail to you if you wish. Let me know how you want it .Otherwise I could send you 1 book if that helps. Let me know your address if that helps. Thank you for your time. Mike

Mike,

When it says "by the permission of" with a publishers name, it usually means the book was printed by another company.

Can you take a close-up photo of that part of the page?

Do you have the dust jackets (printed/illustrated paper) for any of these books.

All this can make thousands of dollars difference in value.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the page.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the page and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Note - you need not do this for all your books.....just one for Harper and one for Gossett.