Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have four various size vases with a makers on the bottom…

Customer Question
I have four various size...
I have four various size vases with a makers mark on the bottom which I cannot find a name. Two lines, cross near the top with a short crossing line on each of the two long lines. Could be three X's. Can you help?
+
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/3/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me photos of the marks.

If you want me to value the vases, please send me photos of the vases, too.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

I forwarded two pictures earlier today. I emailed them to the address shown on your email to me. I am confused by where to find the "reply page". I don't find it on any of the correspondence with you thus far. So, I am not able to use the "attach", "add link" or "paper clip". Please respond.

This is the way to send photos to me via email.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris