Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

What is the size across the plate and is it marked on the backside?

~Nora

I sent a picture of the backside

Thank you for the image and dimension.

Your vintage Made in Japan plate with a transferprinted scene of The Last Supper was made as a decorative wall art export ware for Mid-State Products Co. Lynchburg, VA. The gold on it is real, however there is no longer a precious metal melt down value as the cost to extract the gold will exceed the value of the amount extracted. This can carry a high auction estimate of $10 - $20.

Here is a link for you to a comparable example that was offered at auction at that price estimate:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/13144539_vintage-gold-leafed-last-supper-decorative-plate

Here is a link for you to one that sold for $20:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-18k-gold-trim-jesus-last-1432588250

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora