Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I got a steamer chest from Warsaw Poland. Not sure is is an…

Customer Question
I got a steamer chest...
I got a steamer chest from Warsaw Poland. Not sure is is an antique but it is unusual it weighs about 60 to 70 lbs empty curved top. It appears to have home made steel handles a flat lock on front steel out side straps made of solid wood no plywood. Also there is a built in small item box. Had to have been made in Poland. Can you tell me anything?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/31/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please include an image of a side view of the trunk, a clear, in-focus close-up of the front lock and view of trunk open.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

You can send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora