Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Regarding paitiings
, Sure i have an old oil painting…

Customer Question
Regarding paitiings Expert's...

Regarding paitiings

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure i have an old oil painting not sure if its worth anything its S Kurlner i believe is the signature on it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/30/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. You can use the Add Files feature to add pictures.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Rarewares

did you get my info?

I got the back and the signature, but do not have a picture of the painting. Try once more with that one photo.

While Kurtner was not a listed and well-known artist, there are a few examples out there of his work. This piece is by L. Kurtner, an Austrian artist circa 1920. Most Kurtner pieces are still life florals and there are fewer landscapes. This painting is in good condition, though not one of the better in terms of execution and technique. This painting has a value of $200 retail.

Please do click the stars to rate my service after you have read my answer.

There a tiny hole in it does retail value how much can I sell it for?

Retail value is how much you could sell it for yourself, for example, online on a site like Ebay, Etsy or Craig's List. The hole in the canvas isa condition issue, yes. That reduces the value to $125.00 to $150.00 because that is not an easy fix.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.