Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Regarding paitiings
, Sure i have an old oil painting

Customer Question

regarding paitiings
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure i have an old oil painting not sure if its worth anything its S Kurlner i believe is the signature on it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. You can use the Add Files feature to add pictures.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
19 x 14 1/2 not including the frame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my info?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I got the back and the signature, but do not have a picture of the painting. Try once more with that one photo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wanted to make sure it attached
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

While Kurtner was not a listed and well-known artist, there are a few examples out there of his work. This piece is by L. Kurtner, an Austrian artist circa 1920. Most Kurtner pieces are still life florals and there are fewer landscapes. This painting is in good condition, though not one of the better in terms of execution and technique. This painting has a value of $200 retail.

Please do click the stars to rate my service after you have read my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There a tiny hole in it does retail value how much can I sell it for?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Retail value is how much you could sell it for yourself, for example, online on a site like Ebay, Etsy or Craig's List. The hole in the canvas isa condition issue, yes. That reduces the value to $125.00 to $150.00 because that is not an easy fix.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.