Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

1/30/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

What is the size of this and can you please send a very clear, in-focus image of the signature at lower right as well as an image of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

I think I can get another pic tomorrow. It's not with me now. I have it at my business
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you about it.

Hi~

No worries, you can send over images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

I will let you know if the signature can be deciphered.

Thank you.
Nvmd
I'm sorry didn't mean to send it.
I will be waiting to see if you're able to decipher the signature if not I will try myself with a magnifying glass

The best I can see in the image of the signature is H. Matt______ or H. Mall______. I did a name match search through the database of listed artists and there was not one.

If you can try some images in natural light of just the signature or a high contract black and white may pick it up.

As well, a photo of the backside of the painting (do not remove from frame) will help establish date.

~Nora

Ok, I'll try and see how it goes! Thanks

Great, thanks. ~Nora