Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a silver tea set with two coffee pots, and the rest…

Customer Question
I have a silver tea...
I have a silver tea set with two coffee pots, and the rest of the set. It has a W within a star within a spider web on the bottom with the # ***** Could you tell me some info regarding this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/29/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. I can tell without seeing it that it was made by E.G.Webster and Son of Brooklyn, New York between the years of 1886 to 1928. The 72 is the pattern number of this set. If you do not see the word sterling near these other marks, then the set is silver plate with no exceptions. This company made mostly silver plated items and this set would have a value of $75.00 as a silver plated tea set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.