Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I HAVE AN ABC IRONER MODEL XF IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION.

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE VALUE...
I HAVE AN ABC IRONER MODEL XF IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION. WHAT IS THE VALUE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/29/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

i am sending pics on a slide show, hope that works for you

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

I have not found a match to this for you to establish value,

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This was made by Altorfer Brothers Company of Peoria, Illinois. They made this in two different models starting in in 1921. Your version , Model XF, was made in 1954 to 1956 and was intended for home use even though it looks more industrial. I have added photos of the original brochure for this model. Your ABD XF Ironer has a current value of $125.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.