Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am looking at a piece of art by verudo. it has an cert of…

Customer Question
i am looking at a...
i am looking at a piece of art by james verudo. it has an cert of authenticityhowever i has alot of bright colors but is more abstract than the other works by him.maybe it wont be worth as much.don't know what to do.the picture is 21X25. wheni first look at it .the majority of the colors are orange then some blue in upper left.your eye is drawn to a head looking oval with a circle table like with a rectangle gold box.the more you look at it you begin seeing what looks like more human like figures did this help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the certificate, and the front, back (do not remove from frame) of painting along with a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

I AM LOOKING AT THIS ON LINE AND NO PICTURE OF CERT SHOWN.THEY SAY IT IS WORTH $5500.00 I WILL ASK TO SEE IT OR DO JUST NEED THE CERT. #
I AM LOOKING AT THIS ON LINE AND NO PICTURE OF CERT SHOWN.THEY SAY IT IS WORTH $5500.00 I WILL ASK TO SEE IT OR DO JUST NEED THE CERT. #.IS JAMES VERDUGO KNOWN FOR ABSTRACT PAINTINS?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

James Verdugo is not known for abstract painting and auction sale record for James Verdugo paintings in the style he is known for is $650.

~Nora

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK ANOTHER QUESTION.IT WOULD BE EASIER TO TALK.CAN WE DO THAT?

I am available to chat live tomorrow after 3pm. I can send an additional services offer.

~Nora

WHAT IS AN SERVICES OFFER

I will send it now. ~Nora