Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a few old antique dolls. I need help getting an

Customer Question
I have a few old...
I have a few old antique dolls. I need help getting an appraisal on these. Dressel doll 19-20 in. She has a number 1349 on back of head with letters S & H. Original blue eyes, that move, open mouth teeth. She has reddish brown braided hair, She is missing her ear rings. She has jointed legs, hands, elbows. She has original lacey slip and underpants. Dress is striped cotton white and pink. No holes very good shape. Can you give me estimated price on her. I got her at an estate sale. The other doll also from estate sale is a larger doll, 21 in. long, she has a name on back of head " Hanna". She has an S with a star in center with initials PB and letter H on the other side of star. A number 8 underneath her name. She appears to be in very good shape. She has original short hair brown wig, open mouth with two teeth showing. Original sleepy blue eyes, but a few of her eye lashes are missing on both eyes. The shoes are original, not sure on her dress and pink petticoat. She is in very good shape. No holes in her clothes or stains. The only thing I can see wrong with her body, looks like she may have had some fingers reglued , and repainted fingers. Other then that she is in very good condition. Please give me an appraisal amount.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/29/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora