Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a print of a sculptor kneeling at the base of a naked…

Customer Question
I have a print of...
I have a print of a sculptor kneeling at the base of a naked female he apparently made. The sculpted woman is in gray and another female is in the background.
the name at the bottom is Herbert Schmalz.
I obtained this in 1952 in Hamilton, Ontario. In searching online, any pictures shown for Herebert Schmalz are of a completely style.
Can you tell me anything?
Thank You, Joan
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/28/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Joan,

Please add a picture of the work, the signature and of the back by using the Add Files feature on your screen. If you added pics with the initial inquiry, they did not get attached here. Schmalz was known for Victorian genre paintings, so I am curious to see what this piece looks like.