Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a oil on canvass painting painted in 1933 by the

Customer Question

I have a oil on canvass painting painted in 1933 by the artist (M. Mc D. tarrett). I really can't make out the spelling but it looks like the above spelling. I don't know if its t's or l's. Have you ever heard of someone close to this spelling in the art world?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really since I can not make out the name, however the picture is of a lady sitting in a chair reading a book in front of the fireplace. The fireplace has a very big mantel.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

Thank you for requesting me!

I am going to need some photos.

Please send -

A photo of the painting

A close up, clear photo of the signature

Directions for taking/sending photos to me -

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I also need the size of your painting not including the frame. Do not remove the painting from the frame.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel the order. I didn't understand the charges until I submitted the order. I have requested a refund. Thank you
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

Doris