Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an oil painting, small about 18x15 painted by.

Customer Question
Giuseppe palissi in late 1800s...
I have an oil painting, small about 18x15 painted by. Giuseppe palissi in late 1800s "friar and peasants" it needs cleaning. Is it valuable? It is in nice frame ,be st i can see it was framed in 1930s. ***** *****(###) ###-####san antonio tx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/27/2016
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Good day my name is Tim

I am a IRS Qualified Fine Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I need to see images of the painting. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

Noit has apaper back on it with the information i gave you ,the signature could be under back. I know thr framer must have know what the painting was or he would not have wrote on the back the artist name and title of picture . So please do not charge me because you have told me nothing. Return expense to my credit card please.

I have nothing to do with billing, since I am an independent expert that works on this site. I will try to help you with out seeing the painting. It is possible that you have a painting by Giuseppe PALIZZI (1812-1888). If so an original work by this artist has sold at auction for $3,485 to $9,971. The auctions however are either in France or Italy.