Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to find qualified furniture appraisers in our

Customer Question

I am trying to find qualified furniture appraisers in our area to give us an idea of how much we should be asking for our desk.
Red leather inlay, ornate carvings on sides, with lions heads and legs are craved elephant heads and tusks. The heads are up by the table and the trunk extends to be the leg. The bottom supports look like carved round balls, attached by wooden carved sticks (sorry, hard to explain...closest I can come to comparing are those back massagers that have the wooden balls on them) and those have 2 more small animal heads on them.
Came from England with my parents when they emigrated decades ago. My mum says they bought in "in Africa somewhere"
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it should read
"I am looking for an approximate value so when I speak with appraisers in our area we'll have an idea of how much we should be asking for our desk."
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

When did your parents purchase this? Are there any marks, stamps or names on the underside? Is the center panel also a 'hidden' drawer front?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea... I'll have to check tomorrow when I'm there.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will wait for the additional information. When you do check, please take some images of the underside, the leather top and if there is a drawer - send a clear in-focus image of a corner of the drawer so I can see the construction of the joinery.

~Nora