Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Minton Parian figure named: Lion in Love by

Customer Question

I have a Minton Parian figure named: Lion in Love by J.B.Klagman
The name Minton is impressed on the bottom of the figure.
16" tall
I would like an appraisal and also how to sell this item.
Thank you,
MLD
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Linda,

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add pictures of this piece and of the marks that it may have on the bottom or side. You can add pictures by using the Add Files feature on your screen.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Linda,

Your Lion in Love parian sculpture is by Minton, but it cannot be by JB Klagman as they were two different makers. Both makers created a version of this popular marble sculpture by Geef. Your Minton piece is worth $2000 to $2250 and was made about 1851.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.