Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Minton Parian figure named: Lion in Love by

Customer Question
I have a Minton Parian...
I have a Minton Parian figure named: Lion in Love by J.B.Klagman
The name Minton is impressed on the bottom of the figure.
16" tall
I would like an appraisal and also how to sell this item.
Thank you,
MLD
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/27/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Linda,

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add pictures of this piece and of the marks that it may have on the bottom or side. You can add pictures by using the Add Files feature on your screen.

Linda,

Your Lion in Love parian sculpture is by Minton, but it cannot be by JB Klagman as they were two different makers. Both makers created a version of this popular marble sculpture by Geef. Your Minton piece is worth $2000 to $2250 and was made about 1851.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.