Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I wish to sell Eight Landsdowne press Folios of Australian…

Customer Question
I wish to sell Eight...
I wish to sell Eight Landsdowne press Folios of Australian Birds and Marsupials. They are all in mint condition and are numbered .The collection includes Birds of the Australian Swamps,volumes 1and 2;Marsupials of Australia;The Birds of Australia and Adjacent Islan ds;Pigeons and Doves of Australia;Robins and Wrens;Birds of Prey of Australia;Finches of Australia,Could you advise where I should sell theseBooks in Australia?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/26/2016
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi James,

Can you confirm I have the right one:

The 8 volume Lansdowne Press folio edition, published in 1972, and consists of facsimiles of the original seven volume edition of John Gould's The Birds of Australia published between 1840 and 1848 and the supplemental volume published in 1869, also with the Handbook to the Birds of Australia (629pp) which is a facsimile of the 1865 edition.

Also, are they the leather bound edition or the vinyl?

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert

All Leather Bound.There is only one Gould Book,entitled "Birds of Australia and Adjacent Isles".The others are numbered Folios by ***** ***** (6) and Rosemary Ganf and Meredith Smith( 1)

Okay, thanks for confirming that, I think you may have a slightly different publication.

No worries, can you shoot me a photo of the title page of one of the ***** ***** volumes and a photo of the spines and/or covers.

Many thanks,
Robert

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer, it's a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0