Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Mickey Mouse toy box on wheels/castors from

Customer Question
approximately 1965 and a McCoy...
I have a Mickey Mouse toy box on wheels/castors from approximately 1965 and a McCoy cookie jar and wondered if they are collector items or just have sentimental value.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/26/2016
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the cookie jar you may be able to send?

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Excellent.

Thank you for getting back to me with those photos.

The Mickey Mouse toy box dating to them id 1960's would in fact be a collectible piecethat has touched auctiom highs of 180USD to as low as 60USD based on the overall condition.

The McCoy jar, is also collectible. The piece is an example of a "bean pot" produced in a drip glaze. In the current market it would have a resale value of between 20-35USD based on the overall condition.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.