Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

1/26/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Is the backside of the plate visible from the backside of the frame around it? Or is it glue mounted onto the backing? Is there a small signature on the front anywhere?

~Nora

did you get the pics I sent or should I pull them off the wall and respond

There is one image attached here that I can see on my end, and it is the front of the plate in mounted frame setting.

~Nora

ok let me go look and see what is there.

Thank you.

ok the back is covered, but it says 1880 and the front is signed V. henry

Would it be possible to send clear close-ups of that signature on the front and some details in her face and the rim as well as a picture of the backside, even though covered.

~Nora

ok we are not interested anymore, my wife who owns this wants me to stop asking. I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Ok, thank you for letting me know.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora