Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old clock it has a almost unreadable tag on…

Customer Question
I have a very old...
I have a very old clock it has a almost unreadable tag on the back . All of the things I can read I will tell you. I can make out the word MANUFACTURE below that is a partial word that says WAS or G. A date 1821. That is it. It is either a balloon clock or a ball clock. I am not educated in clocks. The wood is very dark and it looks very old. It has a pendulum and a little glass door that looks onto the Pendulum and the face of a bell. That is about it.
Margaret Harding Davis Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/25/2016
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Margaret

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I need to see images of the clock. One of the whole clock front and the works in back plus one of any marks.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.