Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was wondering if I could get a price value China dishes?

Customer Question
I was wondering if I...
I was wondering if I could get a price value for my China dishes?
On the bottom it reads:
WEDGWOOD bone china
MADE IN ENGLAND
DORIC
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello Tami,

I would love to help. I see the one place setting here. Let me know the quantity in your set and if you would like a value in us dollars or canadian.

Also:
12 teacups and 12 saucers.

This is a set of china made by Wedgwood of England in the Doric pattern, a simple and classic design with platinum trim made between the years of 1962 to 1979. Your set is valued at

12 Large plates, $678.00CAD
12 medium plates, $228CAD
12 small plates, $108CAD
12 bowls, $336CAD
1 teapot, $141CAD
1 gravy boat, $141CAD
1 sugar bowl, $42CAD
1 creamer boat. $42CAD

12 cups and saucers, $300CAD

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

What can I sell this for?

This price of just over $2000CAD is the retail value, but if you were to try and sell the set yourself, you could expect about one half of that amount. The same stands true if you were to consign to a local auction house in your area.

I see that you have read my answer. If you have more items, please start a new question and ask for rarewares to get me again.

If we are done with this set, please do click the stars to rate me because a positive rating is how the site pays me (no extra cost to you).