Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an original painting by Giuffrida I have looked at s…

Customer Question
Hi I have an original...
Hi I have an original painting by Nino Giuffrida I have looked at his paintings on line and
it is his work. I found it in my Mothers basement alone with a print of Picasso's Tragedy painted during his Blue period. Do NO Know Where my Mother came to have them.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/22/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

As you can see the canvas was nailed in to the stretcher
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

I forgot to give you the size
15x18

Thank you for the dimensions. May I know what information it is that you seek on this painting?

~Nora

I Just want to know an estimate of the value and am I correct in the fact that it is an original?

Yes, you do indeed have an original painting by Italian artist Nino Giuffrida (born 1924). His works are actively offered at auction. The style of yours, mid-century modern children in sweet idyllic settings is one of a few different thematic styles that he executed.

On today's market, the style that you have with children tend to carry high average estimates of $200 - $400 at auction, though they realistically actually sell at auction for an average of $100. The suggested insurance or replacement value of your painting is $600. I do recommend holding on to this to see if the market value will grow sometime.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora