Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is the estimated value of a 5-piece, eight place

Customer Question

What is the estimated value of a 5-piece, eight place setting set of Haviland Limoges bone china with a clover leaf and blossom edge border, dating from the late 1800's, including 4 serving pieces.....a lidded tureen, oval platter, large serving bowl, and 8" oval serving dish?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

While this set of Haviland Limoges would have brought quite a bit six to ten years ago (when Shabby Chic was the trend), the market for Limoges porcelain has become very soft in the past few years as the more modern decorating tastes have taken over. Your set has a value of $300 to $500 currently where it would have been $1100 to $1300 a few years ago. I would not suggest trying to sell it but to save it for your granddaughter as things to come back around.

It is important that you click the stars after you have read my answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service because a good rating is how the site compensates me.