Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

, I have a watercolor portrait, of myself, done in

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Kim,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a watercolor portrait, of myself, done in 1940, by Filomena Dellaripa. She was a friend of my cousin Josephine Profeta. Both were young ladies attending South Phildelphia High School for girls. The painting was done in the living room of our house on South Bancroft street in South Philadelphia.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait, but remember, I am 78 years old and I don' have that much time left.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size of your watercolor portrait and is it all possible for you to please send a photo?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,
The portrait measures 16 x 22 inches, and yes I can send a photograph. How should I send the photo, can I attach it to an email? Or...?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the dimensions.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully here is the file with the jpeg.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image. Are you seeking a value for insurance or re-sale purposes?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both, should my family want to sell it when I'm gone.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Certainly.

On today's market her paintings carry high auction estimates of $400 - $600; however actual selling prices at auction are in the $100 - $300 range currently. If you were to sell on today's market, expect to garner an average of $200. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $750.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora