Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

German violin from the family... Count Firmian ...pre 1850…

Customer Question
German violin from the family.....
German violin from the family... Count Firmian ...pre 1850 ...perfect condition with bows and case all original ...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
phone # *************
I like to get an answer from the expert as soon as you can which is now...that why I have made the payment ...call me and let me know anything about the value of my violin that's why I have contacted you...please thank you
My email ...**********...but I like better the phone ...can you call me please an let me know if you working on my case and the name of my expert how is going to appraisal my violin...thank you
I haven't received any answer yet...I asked for fast and nothing yet...not happy...If I don't some answers soon by phone or at least by email. ...I will block my payment...not satisfied customer....you have my phone number so call me please....ty
1/21/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello Lia,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I can see your pictures.

I haven't responded to your phone call request because the answer to your question will require research, and I can't do that while I'm on the phone with you.

Do you want me to continue with this question?

If so, please give me the exact wording on the label in the violin.

Like I said I said I can't read the label inside is brownish...we can tell there is writing in it but I can't read it...even hard to take pictures of the label because the f space is so small...If could have read the label I would already got most of my answers regarding the value of the violin...that's why I have contacted you the experts...also if you can tell me how can I find a way or what to do to read the label...that would be an big help...There is also an other piece which is like a little black silk pillow that they used to put under the neck while playing this one very old and original...In the castle we have the piano of mozart...very precious piece of art...that's why I asked for taking on the phone and give you more that what I know...I believe you are the perfect expect to evaluate the violin because as an historian shows in your profile...Please contact me and what I can do for help...Thank you... countess Lia De Firmian

I'm afraid I can't advise you as to how to make the label legible,except to say that a flashlight in the F-hole might help. IF you are unable to get it that way, the violin may have to be opened u to see it. Without the label, it's impossible to tell you who made your violin and when.

Would you like to try again?

I knew it already...I keep trying... so I will contact an expert in here to photograph the label...if you cant say anything about the violin without the label...we are back to square one...no information ...I was expecting you could tell e more ...not really satisfied...I got nothing from you as an expert historian of instruments...thank you anyway...

I can only work with the information you give me, Lia. I don't know what you were expecting. Before I can value the violin, I must identify it.