Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I believe I have a large engraving of F Broucher's

Customer Question
"L'Enlevement D'Europe. In comparison to...
I believe I have a large engraving of F Broucher's "L'Enlevement D'Europe. In comparison to the painted version, this piece seems to be 'flipped'-the images are on opposite sides.
It is pen and ink, raised lines, on a heavier poster paper. "Grave par CL Duflos" is in the lower right corner, and "Paint par F.Boucher" at the lower left. Can you help me determine it's value?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/21/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the CL Duflos?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris