Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm on the Just Answer page looking at an appraisal you did…

Customer Question
Hi ***** *****. My...

Hi ***** *****. My name is ***** ***** I'm on the Just Answer page looking at an appraisal you did for someone on their Albrecht Durer piece three years ago. I looked this up because I was searching for information on a Durer print I just picked up at a thrift shop. I'm not expecting this item to be of any significant value, if any at all, but more interested in learning of the item's background and possible history. It's related to his "German Woman from Venice" piece, and I was hoping you could help me. I am prepared to provide pictures. Thank you in advance.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My name is***** speaking to a person, or an automated system?

Expert's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

My name is JIM.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/20/2016
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Jim,

This is Robert here, thanks so much for asking me to help with your Durer, I would be glad to.

Sorry about the automated response gobbledygook, that did not come from me. I work 'on' but not 'for' JustAnswer as an independent agent so have no control over this sort of unnecessary garbage they throw at customers. I apologize.

Could you very kindly attach the pictures you mentioned. And the dimensions and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,

Robert S.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer, it's a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0