Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Glenda. I was doing some research on a pair of Lenox *****

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Glenda. I was doing some research on a pair of Lenox ***** ***** Shepherds I have that I believe date between 1931 and sometime in the 1950s when they started using the gold wreath stamp.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm Andrew. I have an image of one of them. They measure 10 inches in length by 6 inches in height at the ears. One is an all tan color and the other is black and tan with a red tongue. The black and tan has the greenish-blue wreathed stamps "Lenox Made in USA" and also some writing "3116/R310X16"
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you send me pictures of this, to include also the markings on the bottom?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Do they have the same color mark on the bottom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are, to my eyes, a bluish-green color. They are identical in size and content.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The mark dates to 1950.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Lenox Shepherd's 1950's, have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $65.00-70.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda