Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have four antique Chinese wall pictures displaying the…

Customer Question
I have four antique Chinese...
I have four antique Chinese wall pictures displaying the four seasons all handmade with tiny intricate shells in wood frames, size of each is just over 3 feet long and 13 inches wide have owned them four 15 years my uncle owned them four at least 25 yrs. would like to know the value of them. They are in good shape. Could send pictures of them on request. I saw on line where almost same pictures where found in elderly mans home and where sold for 300 pounds at auction not long ago. Hope you can help me. ********** my name is Glenn ******* from Winnipeg mb.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/19/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Yes,

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Am not entirely happy with this site This site in not user friendly. They sent me a password ***** doesn't work they sent me a second one that doesn't work. Frustrated

I will refer you to customer help.

This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

Or phone -
US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Address for customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I hope your were able to get help from customer support?

I have researched your Chinese shell art four panels the four seasons.

I found they are probably early to mid-20thC.

From my research, I was able to determine the retail art gallery value would be about $1020 Canadian dollars.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM COMPENSATED BY JA for my time and effort. This is of NO COST TO YOU.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris