Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Fbi story signed by j. edgar hoover

Customer Question
fbi story signed by j. edgar hoover
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/18/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Brad,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please tell me the names of the author and the publisher of this book. Also, please give me the publication date.

the f.b.i. story" by ***** *****head foreword by j.edgar hoover. copywright 1956 published by random house, inc. it says "best wishes j. edgar hoover 7-1-71"
the book came from estate sale. the man who passed was employed by the fbi, from my understanding. also it's twelfth printing the fbi story a report to the peple

Thanks for this information.

This book was very popular and that's not good for collectors. It currently retails for $1 - $5. Similarly, Hoover was generous with his signature - I even have one on a photo.

If your book is in great condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $200. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $80, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Brad.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Brad,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you.