Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How do I have two original paintings appraised? Jean

Customer Question

How do I have two original paintings appraised?
Jean
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I assess one item per question here, and in order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in my 80's and not computer savvy. How do I get the picture to you?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found the appraisal of when I purchased this picture. Will this help? Prof. Probst "Rothenburg" Reg, #89-35093
Original hand colored etching - Signed $700.00.
H25 L 29.
Sold to me by Robert Sills gallery, Inc in 1989
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This would be the bill of sale, yes?

Photos of what you have will be the most helpful. Please send them at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora I am afraid if I get off of this page, I will lose you. How will I find you again?I have several pictures to be appraised. does it cost $35 for each one appraised?Jean
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jean,

You can sign back in at any time and you should also receive email notifications when responses are sent back and forth between us here. Or, if you are on your own personal computer, just do not sign out and leave the page open and minimize it on your screen until you want to look at the page again.

As for the charge, please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email *****@******.***

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time I have no charges with you, right?
I have found the Certificate of Authenticity. Registration Number 89-35093 It is stamped and signed by Robert Sills of Robert Sills gallery, Inc.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.***

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora