Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Have a vase kangxi markings on bottom emerald.

Customer Question
have a vase kangxi markings...
have a vase kangxi markings on bottom emerald green.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/17/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES.
IMG_0055.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0058.JPG

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

HI LOOKING FOR SOME IMFORMATION ON THIS VASE.

It is a 6 character Kangxi mark and most 6 characters would be typical of the late period in that reign. However, they did not usually use a double circle at the true end of the Kangxi Reign, but that also has exceptions.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your interesting vase.

Thanks for all the photos, those are very helpful, but could you add one more showing the whole vase and taken without flash, preferably in daylight (though not direct sunlight).

Also, does it have distinct and darkened crazing of the white glaze on the interior at the top? Like this one?

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert