Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am in need of identifying a pottery. I believe it is

Customer Question
I am in need of...
I am in need of identifying a pottery mark . I believe it is likely English. It is a navy or black small traingle with a number 6 or posible 5 inside it. the number is ***** same color as the triangle.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
on closer inspection the triangle looks black and the number blue.
1/17/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Thank you for the image of the underside. Do you have a photo of the vase itself to add here.

~Nora

Thank you for the images, I am fairly certain it is not English as wares from there are very diligently marked and registered.

In the meantime, I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

ok thanks nora